Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

Mathy and Me


If anyone has read even part of my book, Sunday’s Child, they would know that Maths is certainly not one of my strong points. Maths was never my friend, oh no it wasn't. In fact, I would go as far as to say I was a bit scared of it. I got through my school life without extra Math help by putting more emphasis on the subjects I knew I could handle. This was the only way I could live with myself through the years.

In some ways, this tactic paid off because I became tremendously apt at most of the other subjects. In those days there were outside support as online Math tutoring or online Math help. Even if there were, I was in no position to avail of them.

Nowadays, I’ve come to terms with my apprehension about Maths. I even taught it for a while some years ago. Yes, I’ve come a long way. I think that if I was in school today with the option of just popping on the internet to benefit from free Math help or an online Math tutor, life in school would’ve been a lot more fun in my days.

5 comments:

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

I'm weak with Math subject too, Anne. It's good to know there is resources out there to get help!

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

Icy, I think we're more artistic. Maybe that's got something to do with it. Perhaps we use a different side of our brain more?

Diane said...

Definitely more out there now to help. Hope you are having a good week! :O)

Unknown said...

Maths was never my favourite subject and I struggled. Enjoyed more the arts kind of subjects. So, Science stream in school was out!

Loree said...

I was OK with Maths. Not that it was my favourite subject, but I loved algebra (I know, Im weird) because it involved problem solving. But it's still good to know that there's online help these days. Anne I left you an award on my blog. Take care and have a good weekend.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin