Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

A SORT OF BIOGRAPHY

I'm a freelance writer and a part-time youth worker. I also work as a television supporting artist with shows like Torchwood, Mistresses (UK's Desperate Housewives) Skins (with Slumdog Millionaire’s (Dev Patel), Casualty etc. And maybe if you look carefully, you'll see me as one of the Time Lords in the Dr Who Sci-Fi show. In the past, I have been a Stage Actress and played at the National Cultural Centre – the national playhouse in the capital city of Guyana. I’ve also been a model and even a missionary in my home country of Guyana in South America, and have also had my own call-in radio show.

I now live in Bristol with my husband, a Sociologist and academic writer, and our three young children, but I’ve lived in Paris, London, Alabama and finally Cork City, Ireland where we remained for 6 and a half years. I recently did a Catwalk show at the Museum of Natural History during London Fashion Week, and another during Bristol’s Organic Festival. I am also in the process of writing a follow up book to “Sunday’s Child,” called “Fair of Face.”

I’ve had tremendous success publishing popular psychology, and self-healing type articles on the internet and as a separate project, am currently looking to get these works published in book form.

On the left, I’ve included a list of articles I’ve published. If you visit any one of these pages feel free to leave me a comment.

3 comments:

David John Caswell said...

Hi Anne,
Hope you are well. Just browsing and thought it was fascinating that you have been a supporting artist in the likes of Doctor Who..both my children love this programme! It what way were you involved?
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dave.

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

Hi David, thanks for visiting.

Yes I do appear in Dr Who. I do little parts these days, as I'm not ready to go back into Stage Acting (the kids are still very young and I don't want to take on a job of such strict committment and time spent away from home).

I may turn up as a cashier, a waitress, someone in an office etc.

Unknown said...

Nice Article Anne. Wishing you all the success, happiness, and health possible!

Best wishes.

Sincerely,

-Liane Schmidt.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin