Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

SYNOPSIS OF 'SUNDAY'S CHILD'














Sunday’s Child is a true story set in Guyana, a former British Colony in South America, and is written in the language of a young child whose life it is about. It tells of the harrowing and systematic abuse of this little girl by her grandmother while giving the reader a glimpse of the political and cultural climate of the country at the time.
Guyana is in a desperate economic crisis, which leads to food and energy rationing. This story picks up on the humorous aspects the child experiences while forced to spend hours in the food lines but it also unfolds the sadness and desperation, which is this young girl’s life.
Her uncle was a soldier in Jonestown, where more than nine hundred people committed a mass suicide, and even when he tells of the dead bodies he’s seen, she doesn’t mention the one she has. When she loses the one person in her life who cares for her and ‘saves her’ she knows in her heart that her life is about to end.


8 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

Sounds powerful and immensely sad. How long is the book?

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Anne, thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I agree with all you say. I've never acted myself, but I think actors have a phenomenal ability to empathise with characters, which must inform your writing and make the characters you create brilliant. 79,000 is a good length for a novel, I think. Are you sending extracts to publishers or agents? And what sort of response have you had so far? You have to keep trying!
Visit me again sometime. My plan is to write a new post every Wednesday but I don't think I'm going to be that organised about it.... I can't remember how to edit the posts when I'm not doing it because I don't really know what I'm doing! I'll make a note of the procedure next time I'm doing it and then I can tell you what to do. It's really easy, but I just can't remember off the top of my head!

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Anne
I'll look out for you on the telly! How exciting! In answer to your question about putting a title on your posts - go to New Post at the top, then at the top of where you enter your text, there's a box marked 'title' and you can enter your title in there. It may be that you're using a different template to me and perhaps yours doesn't have that box, but that's how I do it. You can also edit your posts by going to the list of posts at the bottom and clicking 'edit' for the one you want to change. Hope that makes sense!

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

HI Leigh,

Thanks for the help. I have been entering my post title in this very box. Somehow, they aren't coming out.

Maybe it's something to do with the template set-up. I feel as though I've read every help page on the blogger site, but none of them have been any help to my particular problem.

Thanks and good luck with all your projects.

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Anne, thanks for visiting. Maybe you should try changing the template???

Leigh Russell said...

Anne, re your problem with the layoug on the screen - Are you are clicking on 'show original post' - I did that and all the comments came up on the screen. If you click on the title itself, that doesn't happen. Does that make sense? ??

The World According To Me said...

Hi Anne

I'm hooked already with Sunday's Child. I look forward to reading more.
You definitely have a talent with words.

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

Hi Leigh,

I too am unsure of where to post replies to comments on my blog. Looking back to some of these comments where I left the replies on your blog, it looks as though I'm not replying to anything you've said.

Anyway, where is this 'show original posts' thingy found?

Bear with me, I'll slowly learn. Very...very...very slowly.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin