Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

WRITING THE BOOK

I started this book on the 6th of January and finished it on the 30th of the same month in 2005. It took me just 24 days to record the events of what I now know, was the first of the three parts of my life. Of course I had to go over the manuscript for subsequent rechecks and rewrites, but it surprised even me, that I remembered this period of my life with such accuracy.

I sat in my living room, day after day, and wrote with abandon, almost in an out-of-body sort of activity, and typed away on my husband’s old, broken-mouse laptop.
Every day, after we took the kids to school, I would come back home and write until it was time to pick them up again. Taking a short break at lunch-time to have something to eat.

I started ‘Fair Of Face’ (the follow-up) as soon as I had completed the first draft of ‘Sunday’s Child’ because I knew that although the first part was through, there was still so much more to be said. It shocked me that there are even more unbelievable events in this second part of my life.

I have categorically no plans to write a third book. When ‘Fair of Face’ is finished, that will be it. This is simply because the third part of my life is the one I’m living now. I have no intention to write about my present life. There is really nothing to tell.

My progress in publishing ‘Sunday’s Child’ has been a slow and disappointing one. The first line of my synopsis (which I send out to agents and publishers) states that it is a true story, yet some of the replies I got back informed me that they did not publish fiction; a clear indication that they had not read it. At least these were the ones who bothered to reply, so I should be thankful.

When I’m not writing or working with young people, I’m involved in one of the great loves of my life, the world of drama. Having been a professional Stage Actress for 11 years (something I did with my evenings after work), I understand the commitment one has to be prepared to give in this arena, so I have removed myself from it for the time being.

My family comes first and we still have very young children, therefore I am not willing to sacrifice them for my pleasure and fame. But I can do the next best thing – I’m a supporting artist (‘S.A’ or ‘Extra’) and enjoy this experience on a regular basis. I also do a bit of modelling when I can. Earlier this year I did the Bristol's Organic Festival's fashion show at Harbourside, and modelled People Tree and Katherine Hamnett among others.

Last year I did a catwalk show at the Museum of Natural History in London during the London Fashion Week.
Click on the heading for this post above for pictures.

That's me in the short hair next to Patsy Kensit, I promise.

UPDATE: IT TOOK MORE THAN 7 YEARS BUT SUNDAY'S CHILD HAS NOW BEEN PUBLISHED BY PULSE.

1 comment:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Don't give up with trying to get published, Anne. Do you know how many times To Kill A Mockingbird was rejected? And so many now famous writers? Do you know the Beatles were once rejected by every record producer in town? Well, that's what I remind myself when I feel thoroughly rejected / dejected.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin