On the 22nd of April, 2010, more than one billion people from 190 countries will be celebrating Earth Day.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the celebrations. Highlighting this event is crucial in encouraging, not only people like ourselves, but Governments and corporations worldwide to create and maintain a global, green economy. Please do your bit to make our Earth Day more visible.
You can also make your pledge to actively reduce, reuse and recycle. Some of the top pledges on the Action centre for Earth day are:
- Developing green products that will change consumer behaviour in a positive way.
- Using a reusable water bottle and bringing a coffee mug to the coffee shop (and work).
- Recycling more recyclable items.
- Picking up garbage around town.
- Turning off the tap while cleaning your teeth.
- Turning off the light when you leave a room.