Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

Why I Wrote Sunday's Child


Anne_Lyken_Garner
All of the events that I’ve recorded in this book have happened to me in real life, each and every one of them and more.  I have changed most of the names of the people in this memoir – but not Theresa’s – because I did not wish to cause them any embarrassment.  Apart from these names, nothing else has been changed; although, a few of the events may not have appeared chronologically.
I have recorded these episodes of my life to show that regardless of your past, with God’s help, and a few good people, you are potentially able to rise above it and can consciously decide not to allow it to affect who you are at present.
It’s an agonizing affair, but I believe that if people who’ve been abused in their childhood allow their entire lives to be ruined by it, they have in effect, surrendered to their abuser, their right of self. Abusers are aware of the devastating powers of their actions, so if the victim continues to live his/her life in the shadow of that abuse even after it has ceased, he/she is enabling the abuser to succeed in destroying their life, thus achieving their goal.  

I wrote this book in the progressive developmental language of a growing child to provide an opportunity for the reader to visualise the intimate thoughts of an imprisoned child of that age.  This I hope, would offer a tool, which could help to identify a child who is being abused.

In addition, I wanted to express my experiences in the way I saw them as a child, because I was not willing to add my adult opinions to this story. Firstly, because it allowed the person I am now, to take a step back and write the story objectively. Also, it meant that I did not have to painstakingly analyse a lot of the behaviours demonstrated in Sunday’s Child; patterns which, although I could not understand them then, are clear to me now because of my training, Child Psychology qualifications, and work experiences. For legal purposes, I want to mention also, that some of my then juvenile political assessments of the government were not necessarily factual. They are merely what I believed to be the truth, based mainly on the opinions of the adults I overheard, and also on the effects their policies had on my young life.


I know how formidable a task it is to muster the strength to change the direction in which your early nurturing points you, but if you know any child who is going through a difficult life, tell them about my story, and tell them to believe and pray, and then try with all their might to be the best they can be for themselves and their future children. And if they can’t do it for that reason, do it just to lay bare the depravity of their abuser, and to show him or her by shining brightly, that they’ve lost their sadistic, evil hold. 
What better way to avenge yourself than to laugh in your abuser’s face by living an exemplary life! What better way is there to expose their cowardice of taking advantage of a weaker person, than to exhibit bravery in your life!  Overcome your abuser, because your suffering doesn’t hurt them, it’s your happiness that does!

Sunday's Child is available to buy
LINKS TO VARIOUS INTERVIEWS AND PROMOTIONS

Thanks to all the wonderful people who've supported me in this venture. My memoir, Sunday's Child is out on May 22nd. I'm inviting you to the online book launch event. No, you don't have to be there in person. Just turn up on Facebook any time during the day, even just for a few minutes, and join the event. You can ask me anything about the writing or publishing process, or about the book itself. Here's the link to follow. Details about how to buy the book are also there.  And thanks for your continued support in advance. 
Thank you to all these great people have helped me share my news around the Internet:

Pamela at 'A Sheltering Tree'
Author Michael Lawrience Do You Need to Prove Your Worth


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anne, I am so proud of the obstacles you have overcome and the woman you have become. Hugs and blessings always!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin