Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

The Magic of Daylight Saving Time


What do you normally do with your extra hour in Autumn when the clocks go back? Do you savour the hour on Saturday evening or on Sunday morning?

See, me, I’m a Saturday evening kind of girl. I like to take that extra hour the night before because I don’t really see how it works in my favour the following day. I have kids, and even if I was a fan of lie-ins, I wouldn’t be able to do that for very long. Besides, I go to worship on Sunday mornings. I’m up early anyway.

On Saturday evenings before the clocks go back my husband and I gleefully go around the house changing all the time pieces. We do this just after 11 p.m (even though the change doesn’t officially come into effect until 2 a.m) because somehow, this gives us a false impression that we’ve cheated time in some bizarre way.

For the next two days or so he – my husband – will be saying, ‘but your body thinks it’s an hour earlier so we should do this or that.’ I don’t think of it in that way at all. Do you? Once Saturday night is gone, the magic is gone for me.

I’m already planning what to do with my extra hour tonight. I’m going to make sure it does not involve anything with a laptop perched on my lap. There will be no Facebook, no Twitter, no StumbleUpon, no Blogging.

When you see me next, I would’ve had a leisurely extra hour doing something just for me. How about you?

And how do you remember if the clocks go backward or forward? Someone (an American) once told me this and it stuck; ‘Spring – forward. Fall (Autumn) – backward.’ Easy, right?

6 comments:

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

I don't really think that extra hour changes anything for me, because there is always something else to do..

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

It's the sign of the times we live in. We always fill our life up with stuff to do. :-)

Glynis Peters said...

For me it is the end of sitting on the porch last thing at night as it is cooler. I used to hate the night shift this time of year as at 2am it became 1am again. In the spring it was great because I got off duty an hour early.

Loree said...

I love the extra lie in. It doesn't always happen but this year, we managed it.

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

Thanks for the visit, Glynis and Loree. I'm coming over to yours now.

Unknown said...

Anne, a few months ago I took a week off from work and created a long to do list thinking "no problem". Ha! First don't let the kids know you've got time off because they will have their own list. :-) So an hour....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin