Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

Ads That Haven't Stood The Test Of Time

Share |


As I get older, I've noticed more and more that television ads make less and less sense. I often wonder if it's my ability of comprehension that's at fault, or whether advertising producers and printers are targeting an entirely different age groups from my own.

I want to think the latter is correct. After all, I'm a bright enough bunny, right? Here are some ads that prove my point. Advertisers have to cater for their audiences. These ads below would be either out-of-place, politically incorrect, or totally offensive if shown these days. So the next time you see an ad you don't understand, be comforted in the fact that you're mature enough for advertisers to feel they can no longer fool or entice you with their less-than 'perfect' products.



13 comments:

Loree said...

Oh gosh. Not sure what to say. Some of those ads are awful.

myletterstoemily said...

good grief.

myletterstoemily said...

good grief.

myletterstoemily said...

good grief.

myletterstoemily said...

good grief.

Unknown said...

I have long had my feathers ruffled by sexist ads, management, media... It seems we just cannot grow up!

Unknown said...

Classic stuff! Especially the smoke in the face. Love it.

Unknown said...

I do get a kick out of ad number 4. Ad 3 a close second but really these are pretty bad. How times have hanged and for the better despite what we usually think.

Glynis Peters said...

How dreadful, thank goodness times have changed! Well in some countries, anyway.

Self Sagacity said...

haha, I can't believe they had the more ad even running! blow in her face...hilarious, that would get someone kill now a day! literally! with second hand smoke...

Unknown said...

Fast forward to the present - these ads scream 'terrible!'

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

Thanks, guys. I can't see these even passing the 'thinking' stages of ads in today's climate. I quite like the last one with the guys showering together. There is something sort of innocent about it, don't you think?

DoanLegacy said...

Oh these ads are really bad..Women nowadays are warrior and won't tolerate these..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin