Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

Thank You

Share |




This is the old patio at the back of the house, right outside the living room. The big sliding door you see here was broken so we had no access to the back garden from it, until a few days ago. 


I just wanted to say thank you to all my blogging friends for sticking by me. I've been away from the Internet for some time because of personal illness,  my kids' illnesses and a highly complicated house move. I've obviously not been able to do my daily blog trawling and have not visited my friends' sites as much as I would've liked. In fact, I'm still only surviving on half-time blogging related activities because (as you can imagine) I'm still emptying boxes and clearing the garden.




Our new house is very old and has been neglected for a very long time. After the old lady who lived in it was moved into a home, her family rented it to people who, among other things, liked to punch holes into the walls and ceilings. Many of the windows didn't open so we had to end up changing all the old ones for new. All the carpeting has now been pulled up and today we're having a brand new boiler fitted, something we didn't even know we would've had to do.

Many of our pictures are now up on the walls, but they'll soon have to come down again when we start work on stripping the old wall paper (held on by sticky tape in some parts) off and preparing the walls for a fresh coat of paint.

Here's to a whole lot of work!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought my house in 94 and still have tons of projects to finish. A home is a never ending project, but so rewarding when you get something just the way YOU want it!

Unknown said...

Certainly sounds like you and the family will be well occupied in your new home. Like they say, housework is never done - hope all goes as smoothly as it can be.

Glynis Peters said...

A new house always hides expensive surprises. Let's hope you don't have many more, Anne.

Middle Ditch said...

Nothing is as stressful as moving house. You seem to be doing okay.

I am doing up our house and have builders and decorators in during the weekend. It is nearly done and then, we too, can put it on the market. Keep your fingers crossed for us Ann.

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

Thanks, girls.

Monique, I don't envy you right now.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Sounds like there are still a lot of work to get done, so hang in there, and take it easy, Anne!

myletterstoemily said...

oh, anne, sounds like so much work.
someday, you will have a lovely home
to enjoy, though.

good luck!

DoanLegacy said...

That house is lucky to have you and family, and it will be well love.

Anonymous said...

Soon you will be at 100% blogging capacity. Enjoy your new home. I hope the illnesses are gone.

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

It's hard to take it easy, but you guys are right. It will come eventually. It all takes time. I have to remember that health comes first.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin