Blurb

In a crisis torn, South American country, only little Ann's faith, her determination, and one young woman could help keep her dreams of escape alive.

A true story...
Find a synopsis and other details about Sunday’s Child at my confidence blog (linked). Read excerpts here: List of Books on Amazon
___________________________________________

On Top Of The World

Like most women I know, I was sucked into the craze of the world cup. Last night marked the end of the lengthy televisual feast us and the kids devoured for the past month or so. So, Spain emerged triumphant. Now, in football terms, they're on top of the world.

Just recently, I've been looking at some pictures of some other things which are physically on top of the world (or all around us). Spain's win has put all the other team's efforts and strengths (or lack thereof) into perspective. For obvious reasons my mind connected this with the magnificence of the solar system, and how its spectacular showcase puts our minute earth into perspective. Indeed, our worries, trials, and petty grievances are all put into a corner when compared to the brilliance of our universe.

I've always been a keen fan of space pictures. I visit NASA's website just to browse their unbelievable collection of images. I'd like to share some of these with you. The brilliance of Spain and their well-deserved win was awesome to watch. See what you think of these...

The Sombrero Galaxy

The Ant Nebula

The Esquimo Nebula

Cat's Eye Nebula

Swan Nebula 

Light Echo (An exploding star)

Trifid Nebula (where new stars are being born)

Eagle Nebula

Protostar

The planets to scale. This is where we are (far left) in all this.

Isn't it amazing to be a part of such a splendid world? It's beauty is far beyond what we can understand! Congratulations to Spain. Being on top of the world, this world, must be an unbelievably glorious feeling!

9 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

such glorious photos (from hubble?) are
fine examples of His creation.

i was rooting for the netherlands, but
my team rarely wins, since i seem to
always want the underdog to win.

blessings,
lea

ps. i am praying for you to find the time
to write more of your fabulous book!

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

These are really "out of this world" photos. They are spectacular, and I love your selection!

Anonymous said...

I love those photos. They are beautiful. I've always been attracted to astronomy.

I actually didn't watch any portion of the World Cup.

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

Thanks Lea. I'm still writing, just not posting here at the moment. It's hard to find the time at present.

Icy and Medeia, I'm glad you liked my selection. There are so many to choose from, as they're all so stunning.

Anonymous said...

I do love to see God's awesome creation in the heavenlies. Good thing we live in an age where we have telescopes and such to bring God's glory to us . Thanks for sharing these pics and have a great week.

Stephen Tremp

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

You're welcome, Stephen. For some reason your profile is unavailable today. I click on your name but it won't take me to your blog.

DoanLegacy said...

These are fantastic and fascinating to see. Beautiful and breathless..

Glynis Peters said...

Great pictures and post, thanks for sharing with us Anne.

Self Sagacity said...

Wow. Quite an educational post my dear Anne, thanks goodness you took us with you. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin